Here are 5 EASY steps we’ll take together to help you start a blog and make money online.
Are you curious about how to make money online? Think that starting a blog is the way to go?
Great! Starting a blog can be a solid way to make long-term income – just for doing some writing on stuff you actually like and care about. But there’s a little more to it than that AND it may not be for everyone. This is not a get rich quick or plug and play business. If that’s what you’re looking for, this is not the place for you.
Yes, you can make a lot of money online but, like other traditional businesses, it’s not guaranteed. Anyone who tells you otherwise, is not being truthful.
Our goal is to help people who are really serious about building a real online business – because you can make a little, or a lot of money. That all depends on you…
Here’s the big difference between making money online and going to a job every day. If you do it right, the work you do today, this week, and this year – will continue making money for years to come. It’s an investment rather than trading your time for money.
So how does this work? Search engines find and cache the articles that you write, and over time each post is “worth more” to the search engines. That means you’ll get more web site traffic with every passing month as your site gains credibility. This does not happen overnight. It takes persistence and even some hard work – but you can do it if you’re serious and committed…
We did it (Dan and I both walked away from our corporate jobs and now do this full time), and so can you. The good news is that you get to take advantage of what we’ve learned over the last several years and avoid the sand traps that we had to dig our way out of.
So let’s get started – RIGHT NOW!
Decide To Start Today
TODAY. No, not tomorrow, not next week, and not next month. Tomorrow always feels “safe” because you’re not having to make a decision. The power of today is that you make that commitment to yourself. And that is the first step to success.
This step is the most critical one, and it’s where most people get stuck. Don’t dream about doing something. Just get up and do it.
“The best way to live the life of your dreams is to start living the life of your dreams Today, in every little way that you possibly can.” – Mike Dooley
Step #1. Create Your New Blog
The first thing you need to do is find a home for your new blog. This is where your blog will live. It’s where you’ll write, publish, and manage your blog posts (or articles). It’s where you’ll decorate and personalize your blog.
Don’t make the critical mistake of confusing an old-school web host for a blog host. If you get a web host, that’s like buying the shell of a house – you’re going to have to build all the walls and install the plumbing yourself!
Be smart and go with a full service blog host where someone else manages all the techie stuff so that you can focus on blogging.
We highly recommend BlogPress blog hosting for this. It provides a “well-built and excellently maintained home” for your blog so that you can focus on blogging without having to worry about all the techie stuff that comes with managing servers and databases.
BlogPress is where we host all of our Dan & Jennifer Media Blogs that get millions of page views every month.
Here are just a few of the things we LOVE about BlogPress…
- Full-Service Blog Hosting . They do ALL the techie stuff for you. All you have to do is blog.
- Incredible Personal Support. You are not alone. The knowledgeable and friendly support team is here to help you setup your blog, answer all of your blogging questions, and even give you a virtual hug when you’ve had a rough day.
- Beautiful Premium Themes. More than 150 high quality, very customizable themes at no additional cost to you.
- Free Blog Setup Service. Need some help getting things looking just right? Let BlogPress do it for you.
- 90-Day Blogging Success Plan (Free Training). Step-by-step what you need to do in the first 90 Days to ensure that you start your incredibly successful blog the right way.
- Video Tutorials (Free Training). These contextual (there when you need them) videos show you how to do what you want to do, when you want to do it.
Plus, when you host your blog with BlogPress, they will install and set up your BlogPress blog and map your domain name to your new blog at no additional cost to you.
Not only that, BlogPress will also install for FREE the following plugins to get you started in the right direction:
- Yoast WordPress SEO – the ultimate WordPress SEO plugin will help you rank higher in search engines.
- Google XML Sitemaps – will get your posts indexed quickly on Google
- Google Analytics for WordPress – see who’s visiting your new blog with the best blog analytics tool of all.
- Akismet – great anti-spam plugin to automatically kill off spam comments.
- Gravity Forms – totally customizable forms that you can use for things like your Contact Us page, author submissions, and advertiser requests.
- Additional plugins for emails subscriptions, social media, and advertising.
- And many, many more…
What does all this mean to you?
BlogPress takes care of all the techie stuff so you don’t have to. The last thing you want to do is worry about these 57 Things yourself!
They’ll get your blog set up and optimized so that you’re good to go – right out of the gates. You’ll have everything you need to start blogging getting traffic to your blog fast! Let BlogPress put their years of experience to work for you so that you can skip over all the mistakes we made and get started on the right foot…
Step #2: Get The Help And Support You Need
The biggest mistake that new bloggers make is trying to start a blog all alone with no support. Don’t make this mistake.
When you start your blog with BlogPress, you’ll get incredible personal support from a very knowledgeable and friendly support team.
Get help with…
- Setting up your blog
- Customizing your theme
- Puttings ads on your blog
- General blogging questions
- Keywords, SEO, and other confusing blogging terms
- Whatever you need help with, just ask…
Whether or not you do these alone or with help is up to you…
Step #3: Get Ready… Get Set… Start Blogging…
There are a few things you’ll want to do before you start blogging.
- 5 Questions To Answer Before You Start Blogging
- Keyword Research – Determining If Your Topic Is A Good One
- Changing Your Blog’s Theme
- How To Change The Title And Tagline Of Your Blog
- Add Categories To Your Blog
- Setting Up Menus And Navigation
- Adding Widgets To Your Sidebar
- Tips For Writing Your First Post(s)
- Start Blogging…
- Add Images To Your Posts
Step #4: Marketing Your Blog
This module is all about marketing your blog and getting yourself out there.
You’ll learn the basics of internet marketing, including In Content SEO, Social Media, and Email Marketing.
- SEO And Internet Marketing Basics
- In Content SEO For New Bloggers
- Social Media 101
- 5 Step Social Media Marketing Plan
- Email Marketing – Why You Must Build Your List NOW!
- Set Up Your Email List
Step #5: Making Money With Your Blog
Your blog does not have to be an expense. It can make some money – even replace your day job. In this module you’ll learn the basics of Ad Networks and Affiliate Marketing.
Let’s get started…
- How To Make Money Blogging
- Getting Started With Google Adsense
- Ad Types And Recommended Placement
- Affiliate Marketing 101
- Getting Started With Clickbank
“Conditions are never perfect. ‘Someday’ is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you. If it’s important to you and you want to do it ‘eventually’, just do it and correct course along the way.” – Tim Ferriss